With regular maintenance you will prevent small problems from becoming big problems and ensure optimal performance of your comfort system. We also offer annual service agreements, which can reduce the cost of a Performance Tune-Up.
Regular maintenance will:
- Provide longer lasting equipment
- Reduce utility bills
- Reduce repairs
- Provide a more comfortable indoor environment
- Protect your investment
What We Do during a Performance Tune-Up:
21 point Precision furnace tune-up
- Measure air temperature in and out of the system.
- Inspect the furnace area for unwanted combustibles.
- Clean the flame sensor.
- Calibrate the thermostat, check for level and secure on the wall.
- Inspect the vent piping for proper clearances, leakage or any other safety issues.
- Inspect filtration system and clean filter or replace as needed
- Clean furnace combustion air screens or vents, assess their design for safety.
- Check gas pressure and adjust as needed as well as the combustion for proper configuration.
- Check blower amps and capacitor (if Applicable).
- Check inducer bearings and amps and overall integrity.
- Inspect condensate drains and p-trap. Clean if necessary.
- Scope the heat exchangers for signs of fatigue and potential cracks.
- Clean furnace exterior.
- Inspect connected ductwork for leakage and integrity.
- Inspect and flush the condensate pump (if applicable).
- Tighten all electric connections both line voltage and control voltage.
- Test all Safety controls.
- Check for Rodent intrusion or damage.
- Use electronic sniffer to find any gas leaks.
- Check fuse box and electrical.
- Check for any code compliance issues.
22 point A/C precision tune-up
- Wash the condenser coil.
- Inspect all the electrical connections/fuses for proper ratings and style.
- Check the charge to factory specs.
- Replace or wash the furnace Filter to improve airflow.
- Inspect the duct connections to the furnace.
- Test temperature drop through the duct system for design or damage issues.
- Check blower motor cleanliness, oil if applicable, vacuum.
- Check condenser fan motor bearings.
- Inspect condensate drain lines and clear out.
- Inspect Drain line safety shut of switches were applicable.
- Inspect evaporator coil for level.
- Inspect evaporator coil for signs of corrosion.
- Check compressor Terminals.
- Check compressor amps both start and running.
- Check condenser fan motor amps and volts.
- Check condenser fan motor capacitor.
- Check compressor run capacitor and start kit (if applicable).
- Inspect accesses for leaks and all piping for damage and proper insulation.
- Inspect insulation on the refrigerant lines and integrity of the vapor barrier.
- Inspect line penetration into the home for rodent intrusion.
- Overflow protection pan and drain lines (horizontal applications).
- Check fan blade for balance
13 point Air Handler Precision Tune-Up
- Inspect Air Handler for being level.
- Inspect all duct connections to the air handler for leaks and seal.
- Clean coil.
- Inspect coil for refrigerant leaks.
- Check all electrical wiring and connections inside the air handler.
- Check heat strips and fused limits.
- Inspect fused disconnect and wiring.
- Condensate pan treatment with biocide to prevent legionnaires disease and mold.
- Inspect blower motor bearings and blower wheel.
- Clean blower motor and oil if applicable.
- Test all safeties.
- Inspect for rodent intrusion or damage.
- Clean drain pan and drain lines.
17 point Performance Heat Pump Tune-Up
- Wash the outdoor coil.
- Check the outdoor fan motor bearings and oil if applicable.
- Check fan blade for balance.
- Check all electrical wiring and connections at the fused disconnect.
- Check all the electrical wiring and connections in the outdoor unit itself.
- Inspect the coil and tubing for refrigerant leaks or corrosion.
- Check compressor amps on start up and run.
- Check charge of the system.
- Test defrost operations.
- Test all capacitors both motors and compressors.
- Check drain lines and clear.
- Inspect compressor terminals.
- Check Air Handler for duct leakage.
- Check line penetrations into the home for rodent intrusion or damage.
- Check line set insulation and UV protection.
- Look for any code Safety issues.
- Cycling of the reversing valve.
Ready to Contact Us?
Connolly Heating and Air Conditioning provides preventive maintenance services to help customers take care of their HVAC systems all year round. Call us at (925) 288-1408 to schedule an appointment or submit an online request to get started immediately.